Seiten

Mittwoch, 22. Januar 2014

Are Children toys sexist? Do they influence the person you will be?


A few weeks before Christmas, there was a new blast on YouTube and Facebook. This video showed little girls building this fantastic construction which shuts down the girly TV Show. This is an advertisement for a toolbox for little girls.


It is true; that the games we have as kids is very important to define who we will be. What it the case for me?

The toy which gave me the biggest impression is a golden remote control car and my batman backpack. Now I am a space engineer. What was your favorite gift as a kid? Does it have something to do with your current job? For example Rosa: "Lego, Puzzles and baby trolley with baby".

As Christmas came, I had to buy a gift for my 3 years-old niece. I am amazed to see all the toys and especially that in the girl area you have only dolls, plastic cooking set, and wooden vegetables. As I was looking at a firemen truck, a vendor told me “He will like this toy for sure” when I replied that she was a she then he directly directed my to the shelve with a pink toys.

But NO! I want little boys to play with dolls and little girls to have tool box, like in the video.

I tried an experience. I wanted to see what my nephews and nieces got for Chrismas. Is the reality the same as in the shops? I asked my Brother and Sister which both have two young kids (a boy and a girl) to take a picture of their X-Mas gift.

Louise (2 years Old)

Louise (2 years Old)

Joseph ( 8 Month)


Raphael (1 year)

Cassandre ( 3 years old)


1 Kommentar:

  1. I think they totally do!! I love the post!

    My favorite toy was a set of wooden pieces that I got from Switzerland to construct whatever my imagination told me. I also loved to play to build "houses" with towels and whatever tools we could find at home. I have to admit that I loved also to play with babies like Nenuco, but mainly to organise events with them such as Baptism parties with candies... hehe I also loved dancing!! I am now an aerospace engineer.

    My sister loved Barbies, she had all the barbies in the world, and all the accessories you can imagine! Now, she is a teacher at school for little children.

    AntwortenLöschen