Seiten

Donnerstag, 2. Januar 2014

My Travelling experience with Airbnb (Air Bed and Breakfast)

While studying, I would travel and stay in cheap hostels, shared dorms. I had some good and bad experience sharing rooms with strangers. I also splett on couches using the website couchsurfing. I met some amazing people, got some local flairs and main of all, it was free!

Now that I am earning my life, I want more comfort, privacy without losing the possibility to stay at a cheap place, meet some local people and get out of the tourist hubs. This year I discovered airbnb. The principle is easy, people like you and I rent a room or an apartment. All the transactions are made through the website. I pay before I go. The host get the money 24 hours after I came.

Until now I had two amazing experiences: in Berlin staying in 100m², three bedrooms, for 70 euros a night with my friends for a girly week-end; Istanbul, a nice studio in the trendy area for only 60 euros a night for a romantic escape with my boyfriend. The places are nice, bigger than a hotel, cheaper, well equipped usually with Internet, access to a kitchen. The host are there for you if you need and give you the best tips to go out. Therefore I would highly recommand it to you!

One room of the place in Berlin

View of the Studio in Istanbul

The company has been created in 2008 from three entrepreneurs in California as hotels where sold out in San Francisco during a conference. I invite you to watch the video from Joe Gebbia one of the founders telling about the beginning of Airbnb. In 2008 it had reached the million guests served, 4 million in 2012 and 9 million in 2013 since its creation. Are you going to join the adventure?

For more information about airbnb:

2 Kommentare:

  1. When we started earning on our own we would like to spend time with our belonging's and friend's in a better place where we can enjoy to the core and your experience will surely be helpful for us in terms of searching homes.

    Tourile

    AntwortenLöschen