Seiten

Donnerstag, 26. Dezember 2013

Meeting with Parisian Entrepreneurs : Julien, Simon and Remi

I was reading books about start-up giving some example in the US. I found it hard to picture myself doing the same. And I thought: I know people doing this in my country, who are my friends. Why not just talk with them? Simon and Julien are entrepreneurs in Paris. I had lunch with them in order to know more about their adventures.


Simon and Julien are working in two different start-ups:

Julien and his associate Remi (in the mirror on the picture) are working on a web-based system with a mobile segment for emergency mechanic in the Paris Area. They hope to be on the market mid-2014.

Simon (on the right on the picture) Start-Up Incenteev wants to develop professional tools to motivate employees in a company. Incenteev is developing its product since 2012.

From our talk, I remember three tips:
  1. First think target user then think product. When developing a product it is important to know your customer, very well. Meet them, talk with them, identify their needs and be as specific as you can. Then you will design the product fulfilling their needs.
  2. Get your software/application tested by your customer before while developing a software/application, it will allow you to identify the weaknesses of your concept. If the product is intuitive and easy to use, you will be successful!
  3. To be successful, no need for great innovative idea. Find a niche, jump in it and do better than the competition.

Well Simon, Julien and Remi, thanks a lot for this first chat! And I hope we will have such successful lunch together in the future and I will learn more about your adventures as entrepreneur in Paris!

1 Kommentar:

  1. Very interesting post! Between the lines I've understood that one not only has to go outside the building to talk with (potential) customers but also with folks who have already learnt their lessons in that business. Thanks! And have a great 2014, both of you! Andy

    AntwortenLöschen