Seiten

Mittwoch, 12. Februar 2014

Date me!: An App for Saint Valentine's Day

It's been a while since I published my first app, but my programming adventure continues! I really recommend you to start programming if you've ever had some interest. I love the feeling when I see that my ideas become somehow real and can solve problems or make live a little easier.

The idea this time was to create an app for next Friday, the 14th February, St. Valentine's day! I wanted an app to send love messages to our boyfriend, girlfriend, date... this idea evolved into a "Date me" app, which can be used in every occasion, not only this Friday, and for any kind of date.

The app asks you for your name, his/her name, the place where you want to meet, the day and the time of the date. Then, if you enter the e-mail of the person you want to meet, an icon appears and you can send an e-mail with the message:

"Hi (his/her name)! I'm (your name)! Shall we meet up at (meeting point) on (DD/MM/YYYY) at (HH:MM)? I can't wait :-*"

If you enter the telephone number instead, you can send an sms with the same message! Perfect for busy people (all of us, huh?)

Screenshot of the app in the emulator

The app is simple, but you will see I'm improving :) . I have not only used images and scrolling options but also interaction with other apps, text recognition and some other methods that require java programming. You can download the app here (remember it's only for Android phones!):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/134054594/BlogRosaEmmaBlaBlaBla/DateMe.apk

Have fun with it, and don't hesitate to publish your own apps and share them with us!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen