Seiten

Samstag, 22. März 2014

Taking pictures in the Arctic Circle

Last weekend I was in Tromso. Tromso is a small city in the north of Norway. And when I say in the north, I mean in the north north, almost in the north pole!



Sometimes it's not easy to understand why three Spanish girls go sooo north just when the spring starts in the cold and rainy Bremen... But we wanted to see the polar lights or Aurora Borealis. There are three main conditions to see them:
1. go to the very north of the Earth --> check!
2. plan your holiday somewhen until April --> check!
3. It has to be cold but NOT cloudy --> yes, it was freezing, but it snowed non-stop the two nights we spent there... so it was extremely cloudy :-S

Of course you have to plan the holiday some weeks before and you cannot know when it's going to snow, rain, or be completely cloudy. That's why we decided to plan a perfect weekend with lots of activities, in case we couldn't see the lights:

We slept in a "sami" camp around a fire (which extinguished in the middle of the night...),



we tasted typical food (I'm not going to say what animal it was, just in case Santa Claus is reading this post...)



we made dog sledding,



we went into a jacuzzi in the middle of the mountains while snowing around (ok, I was so cold I couldn't make it to put out my clothes! but my friends could! )



we did sightseeing around the Norwegian fiords... yes, the clouds vanished a couple of hours before leaving... I'm sure the people who stayed an extra night could see the lights...



It was anyway an amazing holiday, you cannot miss the sami experience in the mountains!! And it's a perfect opportunity if you have a reflex and want to take amazing pics!!!

1 Kommentar: